Responsible Sport Parenting: Game Day Tips
Here are some helpful Game Day Tips:
Before the Game
• Tell your children you are proud of them regardless of how well they play.
• Tell them to play hard and have fun and remind them that “nervous is normal.”
• Commit to Honoring the Game no matter what others do.
During the Game
• Let the coaches coach. Avoid instructing your child (or other players).
• Fill your child’s (and teammates’) Emotional Tanks.
• Cheer good plays and good efforts by both teams.
After the Game
• Thank the officials for doing a difficult job.
• Thank the coaches for their effort.
• Remind your child that you are proud of him or her – especially if the game didn’t go well!
Responsible Sport Parenting Toolkit